My struggles with depression - March13, 2018

I went to a basketball game tonight with my kids. I was really hoping the game would shake me out of the funk I'm in right now, but it didn't... It actually made it a bit worse I think. Surrounded by so many people and so much noise, the tightness in my chest was insane.

I'm not sure if it's seasonal depression hitting me or my obstacles trying to push me away from  my goals, but I'm struggling. Hard.

I've always been open and honest about my struggles, but I've been keeping to myself lately in hopes that I could work through it on my own... but here I am.
My head is pounding and my chest is tight, my patience is running thin and I want to crawl back into my bed and stay there until it all goes away. Sadly, I know that's not how it works and I can't do that anyways.

There is a quote... you never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option... kinda makes you think.
I fight so hard against letting these feelings take over me and I know I do a damn good job at covering it up because I'm sure you could ask just about anyone, aside from my mother of course, and they'd all tell you the same thing.
I know authenticity and honesty opens the door for more people to open up and I know that is all part of doing good in this world and all part of my purpose...

So, to those struggling out there along with me, know that you're not alone. I'm here too ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Tips to Remember While Playing the Field

Importance of time + Finding the authentic YOU

Modern Dating Intro