Do you feel your partner should be your EVERYTHING?


I've heard mixed reviews on this one and to be honest, I am not entirely sure which side I lean to, so I'd like to weigh in on the masses and get more ideas on this one. An even bigger question...do you feel like YOU are capable of being someone's everything? Can you provide and fulfil absolutely every single need that another human being requires? Kinda makes you think.

Do you feel that your partner should be your everything? Should they be the centre of your universe, the end all and be all. Your best friend, your lover, your side kick, you confidante, your soul mate, you go-to, your cook, your sugar daddy, the one you explore all sexual fantasies with. You get my drift.

Is it possible for ONE person to be absolutely everything you need? So much so that you could survive solely on each other without any issues or concerns? Now I may be exaggerating here, but I want to hear your thoughts.


In my opinion, I feel like the idea of being someone's everything is daunting and overwhelming. Those are big shoes to fill. Those are high demands. Am I really up for the challenge? What if I can't live up to their expectations? What if I do something wrong? Why me? I don't feel like I have the energy in me to be able to provide that much for another human being aside from my kids. Is that me being selfish? Am I selfish because I feel this way? Am I wrong to feel this way? 

(... or maybe that's just my insecurities showing. hmm, another good question.)

Alternatively, do you think it is selfish for someone to want YOU to be this for them? How do you feel about being someone's centre of the universe? In all honesty, I could never ask this of someone. Maybe that's part of my problem, if you can classify my opinion as a problem that is. I couldn't ask this of someone and I honestly don't feel I could ever be this for someone. Then again, does it need to be asked or said? If it is actually requested, does this mean there is already underlying issues in the relationship? 

Obviously when you are in a relationship you provide love and support for one another, you care for each other and you do what needs to be done in order to make each other happy, but is there a point in which a line is drawn? I know they say all is fair in love and war, but if I am sacrificing parts of myself in order to ensure someone else's happiness is it really fair? Is it fair to me? Is it fair to my partner? How long can you actually continue with that cycle before something breaks?

How do you feel about this one? Am I over-analysing something that should be relatively simple or is there substance behind my concerns? I'd definitely not condoning cheating or multiple partners, I'm just curious. How does this look in your eyes? How does it work in YOUR relationship, current or past. Were there flaws to the theory? What worked and what didn't?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Tips to Remember While Playing the Field

Importance of time + Finding the authentic YOU

Modern Dating Intro